How to create a website with Free Open Source Applications?
Alternatively there are many web applications such as Joomla, WordPress or Coppermine, which enable you to create great looking and functional websites. These content management systems are for more advanced users and offer much more features than the SiteBuilder.
XWEBHosting is compatible with over 250 applications:
- Content Management Systems (CMS) like Joomla,
- Blogs like WordPress and Drupal
- e-Shops such as osCommerce, CREloaded and Cube Cart,
- Galleries like Gallery2 and Coppermine
- Forums such as phpBB, SMF, vBulletin
- Wikis like MediaWiki, TikiWiki
- e-learning management systems (LMS), etc.
You can also use a more advanced web development application like Dreamweaver to create your website on your computer all by yourself and upload it to the server. Here you will have to be an advanced HTML user, but you will also have the most control options and space for your creativity.